Home Forums Ask Sean I just got word from the Maven that they will not be doing refunds.

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Thanks for your support.

cmz144
    Participant

Hi Sean,

I just spoke on the phone with a Maven customer service rep and they told me my most recent auto renewal payment from Cyber Monday was already paid to you in full. They said it would be up to you to issue a refund. I have been a long time subscriber and would like to continue following you. Can you issue a credit for your new site for the $137 I was recently charged?

Thanks and best,

Chris

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Chris, The Maven gets the total subscription price and then they pay me a fee out of that (in arrears). I don’t hold your subscription money even though they say I do. So they’re asking me to pay you out of money they have and that hasn’t been paid to me.

I’m more than willing to pull money out of my own personal pocket to refund you from money I did not receive. But if I do that, I will not allow you to continue with us on the new site because I cannot work for free.

I already had to move away from the Maven because I couldn’t make a living being there. Then I paid a ton of money out of my own pocket to make this site so we could all be here together. So I’m in the hole greatly to try to keep us all together.

David Wood
    Participant

Just a quick update.

I had emailed the Maven support account about canceling my subscription. It took a couple days to get a response but I just got an acknowledgement that they have canceled it but there was no mention of any prorated refund as i had requested. That confirms what you’ve discovered.

I think my renewal was in March. Selling half my retail position for a 60% return more than made up for any lost couple of months.

So, I’m good at least knowing that it won’t auto renew.

Aaron
    Participant

Yeah… I’d dispute charges with banks or cc companies. Pretty shady of them to stu one thing then do another. Least we’re on our own now.

TSavage
    Participant

Well, I’m lucky. My cc was stolen/cancelled the day before thanksgiving and they were unable to charge it at the end of November for the next year. but if they didn’t refund my money, I would file with my credit card company as well.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Thanks, David. Yes, I’m glad that what y’all subscribed too actually makes money over time so that it can help cover/make-up for stuff like what they did. Yes. Thx.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

You can, but just know…Maven has emailed me and told me their sticking me with any chargebacks.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

You could file. It’s just that Maven has emailed me and said they’re billing me for chargebacks that they receive.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Chargebacks will still ultimately have me working for free, which would not allow me to continue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just realized they charged my bank account on Dec. 17th after they told you we don’t need to all contact them to cancel our subscription. This is just for your info, I can see that you get our comments but so far and can’t find your reply to my comment. I subscribed with you on Dec. 16th

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

What was your question that I missed from you? Happy to answer it. I’ve gotten so many comments in such a short period of time, it is sure possible I missed a few.

As far as Maven charges, I don’t have any control/say over that.

I would encourage you to contact your credit card company and block any future charges from them.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Sean Hyman.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you, I did contact my bank and stopped any future payments. I didn’t know that the answer to my text comes in my email account that is helpful to know. I don’t remember the question but now that I know where to look I won’t miss them again Thanks. It is good that you got away from that last website. It’s good to know that nothing can separate us from the blessings of God.

Sean Hyman

Amen, amen, amen!

Yes, email alerts to your posts/questions do go to your email as long as you keep that notification box checked (and it’s defaulted like that). Now, I will say to everyone to be sure to check your junk/spam folder in your email because some alerts are still going there. I’ve notified the creator of the website about it and they’re working on that.

peej
    Participant

I once lived in an apartment bldg. that was sold. The buyer informed me that I would NOT need me to steam clean the carpets because they were going to replace them. When time came for my cleaning fee refund, the carpet cleaning was removed from my initial deposit. I called the new buyer, and, without skipping a beat, she asked me if I got the ‘OK to not clean the carpet’ in writing. I had not, I took her word of honor. I believe she planned what she was going to do to recover as much money as she could in buying a new property. Since I did not get her verbal agreement in writing, I had no leg to stand on. At that time, $100.00 was a LOT of money to me. I had to let it go. But I had taken her word for it. Ah, business…ain’t it grand?
    The Maven had a client that had a subscription base, and now the client has left. They gave their word to Mr. Hyman concerning refunds. Now Maven’s story is different. I will MAKE SURE that I contact Maven by email, so that I have a written record of cancellation to the subscription. My subscription is due in March. I would encourage all prior subscribers to do the same: mark the email, copy it, do whatever you have to do to save it.
    Some people honor their word, others do not.
    I love the new site, and I encourage anyone to listen and learn.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.