Home Forums Ask Sean Thoughts on ATVI

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sean, I have heard a lot of good things about ATVI and looking at the 2 -year and 10-year charts, there looks to be significant room for growth…..What are your thoughts?

Perana73
    Participant

I was in ATVI, but bought at 46.72 in December 2018 and sold December 2019 with a 21.90 long-term gain. But why would you want to buy in when it is almost at it’s 52 week high and the market overvalued?

Scott Pearcy
    Participant

I am currently in it….and have a good gain…but am wondering if I should hold for additional growth (based on charts) or sell (based on wave counts) and preserve capital?

Sean Hyman

The P/E is just as risky as the overall market and I don’t see anything compelling about it’s long-term chart. It’s had a major sell-off after a bubble, which hurts investor sentiment. It’s likely in a wave B and headed for a wave C. We can’t say for 100% sure…but just the high P/E, chart breakdown and sell signal on the MACD and slumping RSI would be enough for me to not still be in the stock. But what you do in the end is up to you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Scott Pearcy
    Participant

Made about $100 (10%) profit from my position…..Sold based on your concerns over MACD, RSI, and P/E ratios, and to preserve/raise cash for Logical Investor positions…..

Sean Hyman

Awesome! Well, no matter what it does, at least you’ve avoided the potential risks that the chart and P/E alludes too.

Steve Kenagy
    Participant

Sean, not sure if this one is on your watch list?  Definitely looks like a big C wave going on, but it is strong fundamentally.  Just curious.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

It is fundamentally sound but this  could be a long wave A and could bust quite a bit more since it ran up so much in its last bull run. Wouldn’t surprise me if this stock gets hit hard in a wave C.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.