Home Forums Ask Sean SDOW

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Sean,

In what scenario would you even consider buying SDOW? Or is this an investment that you’d just never consider reasons?

Just curious.

Kalid

Thankful
    Participant

I bought SDOW in 2014 and 2015 and have held it since in the distant hope that I may recoup my money. Keep in mind I didn’t come close to recouping my money in the recent 30% draw down. Because it is 3 times, when it goes down it goes down like an elevator, straight down. That is because 3 times a larger number down is a larger multiplier. On the way up it goes on an escalator, because 3 times the smaller amount is a smaller multiplier. I cannot caution against purchasing this any stronger. The market is so hard to predict. Right now tens of millions are unemployed and stocks are still overvalued and we are in a recession that could close many businesses that will never reopen, yet the market is up around 3% today and 23% up since the 30% drop. Only God knows what will happen. People could wake up tomorrow and realize that we are in a really hard place. But euphoria begets euphoria these days, up is down, and calling any kind of top or now the downturn is just a guess. The Fed is determined to print and print yet the dollar is barely devaluing, it doesn’t make sense, but if you bought now you might not ever see your money back.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Once it looks like we’re getting toward the end of wave C, in the market, you might consider closing out that position, whether profitable or not. Because that huge dive will cause the most notable up-surge and likely get you about as close as you’re going to get.

Thankful
    Participant

Absolutely will do.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Cool. Awesome!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.