Home Forums Ask Sean Housing market

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Sean,

I have been following your advise since UWR. I want to buy and house but the price have hit the roof in the last 5 years. Do you see a correction anytime soon.

Thank you

Sean Hyman

When stocks correct severely, 401k balances and IRA balances will go down significantly (in general overall) for the masses. When that happens, people won’t be as apt to buy a house even if they could. And when the crash happens, layoffs will also be happening and lending standards will tighten. All of that is likely to cause a housing correction too. So if you can, you might hold off.

The house I built is half the price of my lake house. So a correction on it won’t be nearly what it would be at a much higher priced house. Also, I’ve got a new build in the lower end of what’s commonly priced around where I live. So that will make it to where its easily affordable when things do come back and people want to buy. That way, it would make it easier for me to exit my house than many would, with higher priced houses or with older houses.

Karuna
    Participant

Thanks Sean. I have been waiting patiently for the correction. Praying that 2020 is the year.

Sean Hyman

Yeah, it would likely take a stock market correction to spur a housing market correction. Then house prices would likely decline at some point due to job losses and 401k balances going down, etc.

However, do note that lending standards may tighten as well, during that time and even a bit afterward. So make sure y’all are ready for that, just in case.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.