Home Forums Ask Sean Highlighting Bollinger Bands to keep the “clutter” down on a graph.

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All,
    I got to playing around with this last quarter or so & found it pretty awesome. A background color seemed to be very helpful in keeping the “clutter” down on the graph so there is less “background noise”, so I thought that I’d post them here if anyone else wanted to give coloring them a go.
    Best Regards,
    Jon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

I think that may be on the pay charts and not the free charts. But I’m ok with the clutter. I kinda grew up on them. Plus, it makes me mindful of that 20-day moving average. When that moving average intersects another and the price is around there too, I know it can act as a stronger area of support/resistance.

Grateful Jon
    Participant

I hear you Sean. The zoom thumbnail that you’ve added recently is pretty sweet, I’ve been using that one a lot.
    Best Regards,
    Jon

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Thanks. Yeah, it helps me to see in more detail what’s happening near-term on the weekly chart and yet still have a good look a long way back in time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

thank you Jon. This helps me too. We all have different eyes and brains. 🙂

Scott Pearcy
    Participant

Jon, which charting service are you using….and do you have to pay for the advanced features that allow you to color in those Bollinger Bands?

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Scott, looks like he’s using the pay chart version of stockcharts.com. We just use the free charts in the newsletter service. And when I need real-time intraday charts, I go to my Think or Swim charts on Ameritrade’s platform. So there’s not a need for their pay charts BUT if someone likes other features they have, there’s certainly nothing wrong with using them.

Grateful Jon
    Participant

Hi Scott & All,
    I did not realize when I posted that this was not available in free service, my apologies to all; to eliminate confusion I would have changed the title of the post & details if I could.
    Sean nailed it, it’s part of their paid service.
    I’d given it careful thought & decided since I’d used their free service for years, I figured to help out their bottom line.
    Best Regards,
    Jon

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

And if you like the pay charts, stick with them. Nothing wrong with that at all. I was just letting them know without incurring other costs they can just stick to the free ones and their brokers intraday charts, etc. But yes, they have great pay charts. Newsmax used to pay for them for me and I used them.

Wanda Robbins
    Participant

Man that is neat…..sure does reduce the clutter…I probably would not use it enough to pay for it. Got Sean.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.