Home Forums Ask Sean GLD 25% gain

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Thanks Sean you make us look good.

Sean Hyman

You’re welcome, Bob. I’m glad you did so well on it. Thanks for sharing that testimony. Congrats!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I made 36% on GLD but only had one tranche in. It was your first pick and I did not discover you had created a new site until some months later, when GLD was above your buy-in point. Did catch it once when it went down. On SLV, I am surprised to hear some people are up. I am still down on all three tranches—though the first tranche was from 2014, UWR. That is down the most, the third tranche less than 2% down.

Scott Pearcy
    Participant

I am in the same boat with you, Nan, with respect to SLV….Similarly, I am down on a few other picks that are currently in the LI portfolio from the UWR/AP days…..But….I must say that my break even points are significantly lower since I have averaged down on those picks…..

Dan
    Participant

GLD 27% gain

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Nan, are you sad that you only made 36% in a down market? ha-ha. Just messing with you, really. Keep in mind, almost no one right now is making money on anything. They’re not taking any profits. They’re just licking their wounds.

As far as SLV goes, if it was bought in LI in its tranches, that’s why some are profitable. Remember, the averaging down points are in the portfolio section. Those were at $11.50 and $9. SLV went into the high $10’s, so that triggered an averaging down for LI subscribers. Now, SLV is back up into the $14’s.

Now…if you bought SLV in a previous service, then you may not be profitable yet, but you will in time.

Scott, exactly. There have certainly been averaging down opportunities to lower breakevens. Agreed.

Dan, congrats on that 27% gain!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.