Home Forums Members Forum XOP

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just curious what price range are you expecting XOP to reach?

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

It has a lot of resistance from the $90-$100ish area. We may be out before that though. We’ll see.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

XOP up 6.66% today. The only time that combo of numbers has ever been good. ha-ha.

Diahann Homer
    Participant

It was also valued at $66.66 on January 11th???

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

True. ha-ha.

Piano Man
    Participant

“6666” is ok. It’s not “666” LOL
    It’s the “666” that’ll getcha in trouble. ūüôā

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yep. That’s why when I saw it up 6.66% today, I laughed.

David Wood
    Participant

Are we seeing the drop in XOM because today is the ex-dividend date? I’m trying to understand the behavior of stocks as they approach ex-dividend. I know you’ve said be cautious as earnings are approaching because of uncertain volatility one way or the other.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

The dividend is 87 cents per share. So, 87 cents of the drop is due to the ex-dividend date. The remainder are other facets like oil pulling back today. Oil/oil stocks running up so much and some traders taking some profits, etc.

kenatech
    Participant

Keeping a close watch on XOP. It’s down a bit today, but if it takes a big bump up on the next market rally, it may be the time to cash out. My average cost is $59, and I was up about 26% yesterday, only 24% today.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yep, remember: Anytime you’re up a lot and you see a stock make a pretty long run upward and get stretched away from moving averages…those are the times you might consider locking in your profits because that wide gap shows you that the risks of a sizable % pullback are likely.

Attachments:
    kenatech
    Participant

That’s why I’m watching it closely. Since November it has been making higher highs and higher lows, and it has been staying about the same distance above its 50 day moving average. But on the weekly chart, it is still way below its 200 day average, and is not much above the 50 day average. so your comment about resistance at 90-100 looks about right. I doubt I’ll be greedy enough to hold on that long, but will want to lock in profits before that, especially if it pulls farther away from 50 day and 50 week averages. You have taught me well, and I trust your judgment, so if you put a sell on it before I have sold, I’m out.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by kenatech.
    Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Thanks!

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

XOP hits a new 52-week high. Up over 2% today.

Attachments:
    Ling
    Participant

31% gain in one account, should I take the profit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.