Home Forums Members Forum XOP

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sean,
    I am up 12% in XOP. I just watched the video and I see that you expect it to go higher over time. But I’m wondering if it would make sense to take some profits and then wait for a dip to re-buy since you also expect a market correction in weeks/months? Am I thinking straight here?
    Thanks,
    Maria

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Market corrections don’t ensure all of your stocks go down. But it can encourage them lower.

At some point, money has to rotate out of growth and into value and I believe we’re seeing that now. Oil and oil stocks are a broad pocket of value that I believe institutions are moving into, causing a wave 3 higher in XOP.

So, you can sell now or you can wait for our official sell. But don’t make the assumption that XOP has to go down just because the market does. It may…or it may not.

No doubt, XOP will be volatile both on its pullbacks and in its thrusts higher as well.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 23 hours ago by Sean HymanSean Hyman.
    Participant

Sean, Thank you for your response. It’s a little nerve racking anticipating a correction so the reassurance is helpful!

Sean HymanSean Hyman

The beauty of buying huge, solid companies at cheap valuations is key. The huge dividends help as well. Plus we have defensive positions. And in corrections, money eventually rotates out of growth stocks into value stocks. All of that works in our favor.

Participant

XOP and other oil producers/drillers up by 3+% today so far…..

Sean HymanSean Hyman

Wave 3’s continuing on.

Participant

I was up 20% on XOP and E and they are both at the 200MA so I took my profits. Initial buy on XOP & E was April.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

They are both above their 200-day simple moving averages. You might check to see if you have your moving averages set correctly to 200- simple moving average and not exponential, etc.

But yes, nothing wrong with taking 20% profits on each. Congrats!

Participant

Sold XOP for my daughter profit 24.5%. Thank you so much!
    !

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Awesome. Glad you did so well on it.

Participant

Sold XOP for 25% profit. Thank you Sean.

Sean HymanSean Hyman

Awesome! Congrats!

Participant

I am still holding on and waiting for the official sell!

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Officially, we’re not up like those who’ve sold today, or else we’d be officially selling. No doubt though, I believe we’ll do great on it. But some got in later on, at much lower prices than we did.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

XOP up 6% on the day. Up almost 44% off of its very recent lows. Moving up nicely in wave 3.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.