Home Forums Ask Sean What’s going on with copper, particularly JJCTF? (recent big price drop)

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Any thoughts on JJCTF?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sean Hyman

Not sure why you’d own it. It’s so illiquid/low volume.

The spread of coronavirus is weighing on copper because of a potential for economic slowdown due to the virus.

JJCTF would never make our cut in LI. Not sure who got you into that one. However, a turn upward in commodities and in copper (overall) could help turn your position upward, in time.

But gold, silver, etc. are much better positioned right now, than copper because gold/silver don’t depend upon anything economically like copper does. Copper is more of an industrial metal.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Robert Horton
    Participant

I got in this position in 2014 – a long hold (small) position. I know this would not make our LI cut. I’m thinking of getting out of it. Looks like it could be in wave 2, but regardless, volume is low. The following report may jar your memory. Thanks for the reply.

Sean Hyman

I don’t see any report attached.

It could be a wave 2 as long as the wave C $22.03 low holds.

Robert Horton
    Participant

I entered this position in 2014. I originally saw this position in the 12% Guide to Capital Gains Report from UWR (Nov. 2012).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Robert Horton.
    Sean Hyman

Did JJC change symbols? It likely is toward the end of wave 2. But when it goes toward the end of wave 3, you might suggest selling if profitable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.