Home Forums Ask Sean USO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My limit order hit last night @3.50.

Marilynn Mittan
    Participant

USO @ 3.02 in pre-trade. Could it go even lower?

Ernie Mills
    Participant

yes. it can go lower in the short term, but we’re confident it will go higher. I’m excited to pick up more shares at a lower price. We’ll see a NICE profit out of this one!

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

I think some firm likely blew up yesterday and had to unwind some contracts. Supposedly, USO traded out of those contracts April 6-13th according to CNBC. But I can’t confirm that.

This article seems to imply that they were out of the May contract and into June and July contracts. https://www.etf.com/sections/features-and-news/biggest-oil-etf-shakes-structure?nopaging=1

But, rolling forward to those, because of the big gap between contract prices right now, probably did cause USO to lose some value.

Scott Pearcy
    Participant

3rd tranche filled @ $3.23

James Box
    Participant

bought 3rd at $2.97 still going lower.

Bala Balamurali
    Participant

3rd tranche filled at $3.00 and it looks like a steep slide…

Chas2008
    Participant

I had a limit order in for 3.6 and it executed at 3.20. Good surprise.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yeah, the drops were so steep, that it’s always possible for that to happen in times like that. Yes, a nice surprise for sure.

Aphroditus
    Participant

I’ve read about managers averting a fund collapse can you just help explain the structure of the fund? I’m all for buying AMERICAN oil. If POTUS helps us out with tariffs it could really cause oil to spike but how does the ETF work?

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Scroll back in a couple of the USO threads. Not only did I contact USO owners/managers directly and copy/paste what they said today but also provided links from their site that answers all of that as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.