Home Forums Members Forum USO

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Up 13%. Previously up 30%, sold it and when it pulled back, I bought it again.

Sean Hyman

USO I’d have only exited and not re-entered. Why? We don’t know if the market sell-off will be hard on it. It had a tough time formerly.

David Wood
    Participant

I’m up 24.5% on USO and 29% on XOP. I have heard the talking heads mentioning the potential of major profit taking by years end. I was considering locking those profits in.

Your thoughts?

Sean Hyman

Anytime you’re up that much on anything besides SLV, you should consider locking in those profits.

vmickel
    Participant

Not positive but I think Sean means up those percentages TOTALLY including all tranches….which is maybe what you mean anyway.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

His percentages that he’s up on USO and XOP should be considering all tranches, not just any one individual tranche. I may be misunderstanding what you’re saying.

But bottom line: He should consider selling them so he can lock-in and assure himself of such huge gains. Keep in mind, his USO return is for well under a year and XOP is just over 1 year. So those are massive returns.

vmickel
    Participant

Sorry, trying to do too many things at once! What I meant to say was….”Sean says you should be up those percentages in TOTAL…all tranches. Which you clarified…thanks.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yep, the average return of all of the tranches, rather than just any one tranche. Correct.

David Wood
    Participant

Yes the percentages mentioned were total percentages of all tranches (3 on USO only 1 on XOP). The last tranche on USO was 73% for 239 days.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Awesome. Yep, that 3rd tranche can be amazing! Also, when you happen to get a 1st tranche far under what we got in, can act as the same.

Congrats on those great gains.

Ling
    Participant

USO Up 21.8%, Should I sell it?

Sean Hyman

Yes.

Ling
    Participant

Thanks.

Sean Hyman

You’re welcome.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

USO goes to another multi-month high today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.