Home Forums Members Forum US government influence on stocks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Sean,

I love the “parents are fighting” metaphor in the other thread (linked below). I appreciate the “heading for calmer waters.” I am a little unsettled and want to ask…

If the US government et al is causing this sort of disruption in China stocks,

As they have in the past caused disruption in Coal stocks
    (Peabody – BTU – from previous newsletters)
    despite coal being such a prevalent source of energy worldwide…

How do we measure the risk of a future US government doing the same thing with Oil stocks?
    https://nypost.com/2020/10/26/joe-bidens-insane-war-on-oil/
    We have a LOT of oil in the portfolio…

I appreciate your consideration – your perspective is so informative and instructional. Thank you.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

1) We don’t know what they may do or attack next, however, we prepare for it through prudent diversification. 2) Chinese stocks would be a very little hit to the US. Clobbering our biggest oil companies, like XOM and the sector through XOP would be unlikely. Oil is not only used in cars, but in commercial transportation (airplanes, 18-wheelers)…our military and most militaries around the world still mainly have oil/gas operated vehicles. Oil is also used to make so many products from clothing to cosmetics, etc. …all sorts of stuff that people don’t normally think about.

We’re about to sell USO once it gets just a bit higher.

But the oil sector is one of the few pockets of value in the entire US. The chart I showed earlier today on the forum shows how out of whack that commodities in general are with stocks. And if I’m right about wave 3’s…then we’ll see momentum traders, the retail public and institutions piling in, pushing our positions ever higher as the news turns positive on the sector once again and idiots take their clues/comfort from the news. They’ll be pushing our shares higher.

Remember “news” a very lagging indicator. So, by the time you see it in headlines…adjustments have already been made.

So, in my opinion, oil was overly pummeled by the thought of “everything” moving to electric and by the oil glut, etc. OPEC+ Russia aided the oil glut and with economies slowly reopening/resuming, that’s aided oil’s demand. Plus, there’s the falling dollar and rising inflation, both are “pro-oil”.

But if you could just read news headlines and successfully invest from that…everyone would get rich over time. Successful investments are never “the obvious”. In fact, the best investments are what many people think you’re a fool for investing in.

Christiaan VlasblomChristiaan Vlasblom
    Participant

We are not so foolish when investing in oil. See the prophecy in Matthew 25:9. And on top of that we will have 4 more years of Trump which will be very good for the oil industry. Now start believing we are not foolish, that Matthew 25:9 is our heritage and that 4 more years of Trump is going to happen. I do and have no hesitation at all when investing in oil. Forget about green new deal, Biden, Kamala distractions, they will all vanish.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

I’d love to see 4 more years of Trump. We should know in 15 days, unless something gets further delayed.

Participant

If I could buy a stock related to Trump having 4 more years; I would break all your rules & load up to the max.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yeah, there’s no good system to “bet” on political moves. And political moves don’t always play out like people think. It’s why we need a measurable system.

They thought Obama was going to tank the market and it didn’t. And they said Trump would take the market and it didn’t, etc. So, we’ll never have a system based off of politics. Its far more about a company’s own fundamentals, then macro fundamentals of an economy and then politics as likely a far 3rd.

Participant

It’s not about Trump; its about a Godly platform, preserving our constitution & God’s moving in the earth through revival. God is exposing those who have been destroying the integrity of our country, tearing it down, killing the defenseless & innocent, lying media & backroom deals, selling us & our country out.

God has had enough. January will be a month of Exposure & Judgement, February a month of Justice & March a month of Celebration throughout the earth for Christians & the oppressed.

There will be a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit before the Rapture. We must stand strong in our declarations until these things are fulfilled.

Yes, God can do this no matter who is in the White House, Congress & or other Leadership, but I firmly believe this is not his plan. The longer this drags out the greater the exposure of those who have betrayed us.

We must remember that our calendar is not God’s calendar.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

That’s the reason why I’d like to still have Trump in office. For those very reasons.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.