Home Forums Members Forum Uranium…Commodities…

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sean,

After multi year lows URA has shown an uptrend yet is still 80%+ off of old highs, any potential?

I don’t know how else to measure it as a commodity rather than a company or am I mistaken?

Peace, Pastor MichaEl

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

URA is fundamentally cheap, with an average P/E of 10 and does look to be in a new uptrend. However, its a very niche market that I don’t know as much about and we have plenty of commodity-type exposure in our portfolio.

Does it likely go higher, ultimately? Probably so. But one would want an entry closer to moving averages ($11-$12ish) rather than where it is now in the $17ish area.

So, those are general thoughts. Not a recommendation. Also, I don’t encourage people to get more weighed in commodities right now, since we have plenty of exposure in that area, in solid assets that are broader-based and pay huge dividend yields. So I think they’re a better place.

Also, many of their stocks trade in Canada and South Korea. I’m not as much of a pro on their stocks. So, I do like Warren Buffett does and remain within my circle of competence. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHq9d0bE06s

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    DANNY ABAR
    Participant

When I heard about Warren Buffet’s “Circle of Competence”, I tried to modify and personalize the concept to my experience with Sean and the mistakes I have made along the way, with my professional work (now retired) and usually trying to invest on my own. So, I came up with my own “Circle of Confidence” (partially stolen from Warren Buffet). I decided that I am much better off (and more “Confident”), following Sean’s training and recommendations.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Thanks. Yeah, thankfully y’all get to widen a circle of competence because you get to borrow/rent mine out. Agreed. Thank you so much.

I love what I’ve learned from Warren Buffett over the years.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.