Home Forums Ask Sean ThinkOrSwim Platform Hackers

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hopefully Schwab continues to maintain TD’s ThinkOrSwim platform after the merger.

I’ve been experimenting with it and trying to get my arms around the Stock and Options Hacker to screen opportunities. I have all your options reports but continue to struggle with understanding and finding candidates to give some serious consideration too.

You’ve used and mentioned ThinkOrSwim on occasion and I wondered if it would be worth your time to do a tutorial or 2 on each of the hackers in light of what we look for in our fundamental analysis? I’ve attempted to set up screeners using your key points of interest to see what it finds but I can’t seem to locate some of our fundamentals in the filters available. They’ve got to be there somewhere. I’ve seen mention of TOS by others even when you were on Maven and think others might find it interesting and valuable.

I’m not looking to deviate from your program but would really like the mental exercise and learn to explore investing at a deeper level.

Thanks Sean.

Sean Hyman

I hope so too. To me, Ameritrade is ahead of Schwab technologically. As far as how good the broker is or services, etc. their both neck and neck. But Think or Swim is why I’m with Ameritrade. I’d imagine they’d keep that platform as to not “rock the boat” with current account holders. But we’ll see. I don’t use any of the TOS tools to screen for stocks or options though. They’re not that good.

I don’t use TOS for any fundamental or charting analysis. I use Yahoo Finance and Guru Focus for fundamentals and stockcharts.com for technicals/sentiment. TOS is mainly better when trading options, etc. in my opinion. And their TOS app is good. I use the TOS app the most. And I haven’t found a really good fundamental screener that screens like we do. I wish I had one. It would make my researching job much easier. That’s the hard work. But thankfully, in looking into beaten down/hated sectors that helps to shorten the pool of stocks and let me know the places to look.

Aaron
    Participant

Maybe that will be site version 4.0! Having your own screening software would be a huge programming venture for sure.

Sean Hyman

Ha-ha. There was one guy that was working on an Excel sheet that pulled data from the market and screened it but it got put on the back burner when his work/job stuff changed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.