Home Forums Members Forum The October newsletter is out, in the Members Area, with a new pick!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The October newsletter is out, in the Members Area, with a new pick!

Participant

Got my orders for all three tranches of IBM in….I am really looking forward to watching this pick! Not only is it going to increase in value, but the dividend is Killer!!!

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Thanks. Yeah, it’s another huge reason why we’re in it at this time. Because, if we have to wait a while for appreciation, we’re clipping along at almost 6% per year in dividends, without any averaging down to enhance that yield. And if we have to wait all that long, it’s usually because we got to average down and await its comeback. If so, then the yield becomes even greater due to the dividend being divided into an even lower stock price, thus producing a higher dividend % yield. Our blended yields are nice.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

By the way, this was announced this morning. So that ties IBM now to 5G as well. Cool!

IBM, AT&T team up to bring hybrid cloud services to 5G networks
    Oct. 29, 2020 9:43 AM ET About: International Business Mach… (IBM)

Expanding their strategic partnership, IBM (NYSE:IBM) and AT&T (NYSE:T) are working together to give enterprises “a single dashboard designed to manage services across multiple clouds and billions of edge devices with high levels of reliability and security.”

IBM’s Cloud Satellite, currently in beta and leveraging Red Hat’s OpenShift, can help customers utilize AT&T’s 5G edge network connectivity and multi-access edge computing, a low-latency private cellular edge network.

“The advancements in 5G and edge are impacting every industry, bringing the promise of enhanced experiences for consumers and new revenue opportunities for businesses,” says Howard Boville, senior vice president, IBM Hybrid Cloud. “Together with AT&T, we will be helping clients securely leverage 5G and edge offerings in any environment with IBM’s open and secure hybrid cloud platform. This marks a significant step forward increasing the possibilities of 5G and edge in the enterprise.”

ThankfulThankful
    Participant

Awesome! Doesn’t hurt to see the ex div date of 11/9/20 either.

Participant

AT&T is up almost 1% today as well….don’t know if it because of this news or not….but it’s up….

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yep. You’ll recall, a very long time ago I talked about my grandfather owning AT&T shares that one day I’d inherit and when I did, the first thing I’d do is sell them, but to their massive debt load that’s almost as big as the overall company and could be bigger than the overall company if the stock price dives enough.

So, when he passed away and I inherited a small amount in AT&T, I immediately sold them, the moment I was allowed to. I believe it was a good call, especially with what I was seeing on its long-term chart too. It keeps breaking line after line with other technicals slumping. Not good.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

So IBM partnering with them may not be such a good idea? Or, not such a bad move, as long as the businesses remain totally independent….?

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Them partnering with them is a great additional income stream in a new, cutting-edge technology. So it’s very good for IBM. I’m just anti-AT&T due to its techncials breaking down on its long-term chart and due to its sloppy handling of their debt-load.

But a partnership with this is fine. It’s great. AT&T’s indebtedness doesn’t matter to IBM in a partnership because it’s not IBM’s debt.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

The weekly video is out. I talk about what you need to keep in the forefront of your mind in the upcoming sell-off and expound more on how to think about downtrends. I also talk a bit more about IBM. https://logicalinvestor.net/members-only/the-logical-investor-weekly-video-10-29-20/

Christiaan VlasblomChristiaan Vlasblom
    Participant

This video is a university grade 2 hour college but in human understandable language. Great really in depth investing information an knowledge transfer! I really like it if you go in detail and teach the underlying paradigms and wisdom.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Thank you. I try to rack my brain sometimes, to think about the very best way I can relay something so that my subscribers can “get it” the easiest.

I really want subscribers to expect downtrends ahead of time. Not fear them. Not fear wave C’s and 2’s, knowing they’re a part of it. And how one should think in all of those instances. I hope the Warren Buffett quotes in the newsletter and video help to show how differently he thinks during those times, which reaps a totally different result than most people get.

If we don’t purposely mature our thinking, we just continue to repeat immature investment thinking. In other words, if we don’t design our investment thinking and engrain it within us, then we’ll live by “default thinking” which is almost always going to be unsuccessful thinking.

So, thanks for saying that. I know it was long…probably my longest. And they all for sure won’t be that long. But it’s because I believe we’re about to enter extreme times, and so it called for even more emphasis and detail.

Thank you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.