Home Forums Ask Sean The Federal Reserve just intervened in the market

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The Federal Reserve just intervened in the market, taking it from over 900 points down on the Dow futures overnight to now over 600 points up, in pre-market trading. https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/fed-takes-action-provide-credit-consumers-businesses-coronavirus-economy

TSavage
    Participant

wondering what your opinion of this move is

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

That they’re desperate to get this market turned around, especially in light of Congress/the Dems, fumbling the ball last night. Something like this could kick off the bear market bounce portion of the downtrend. Too early to say for certain. But it’s a possibility.

We can discuss things in more detail in the private Members Forum, as things progress.

TSavage
    Participant

I’m confused why they are propping up a market that is way overpriced to begin with. Also, the word “unlimited” seems unnerving. And I realize this is an unprecedented situation we are going through but I’m wondering if we will go bankrupt or print so much money that inflation will run rampant. Please comment on Thursday’s video. Thanks.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Because earnings drops are causing stock drops and stock drops are causing investors to pull out capital, etc. And the earnings drops and stock drops are going to exaggerate the unemployment rate, by causing it to spike higher and one of their mandates covers employment.

So, while they won’t be able to reverse a market downtrend (because they’ve never been able to), they can potentially stem how deep the recession goes and how long the bear market lasts, had they not done anything.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.