Home Forums Ask Sean TEVA

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Sean, curios to know your thoughts on whether or not to place a third traunch on Teva at this time?

David 2036
    Participant

TEVA is not one of our current recommendations. You may not want to average down into something that is not a current recommendation. Save the cash for future opportunities.

Sean Hyman

Just out of habit, I’d encourage you to talk about all stocks by name in the Member’s Forum area, even though the only ones that have to be discussed there are the LI positions.

Teva has too high of a debt load for further averaging down. Yet, I’d be fine in holding what you have in it. Warren Buffett still owns it and it looks like most of the opioid stuff is behind them.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TEVA/key-statistics?p=TEVA&.tsrc=fin-srch

Brian S
    Participant

Thank you Sean. Sorry about that, I thought this section was for members only as well. I will reserve calling out stock names/tickers for the Members Area only. Happy New Year!

Sean Hyman

Ask Sean section anyone can see. The Member’s Forum is basically the Ask Sean section for subscribers.

Non-LI stocks can be mentioned anywhere. But just to form good habits, I’d encourage the use of the Member’s Forum.

vmickel
    Participant

up 41% on one buy and 9% on another after todays rise of TEVA…hold or just exit positions

Sean Hyman

Because TEVA is a high-debt company, I’d encourage you to exit it as soon as profitable. So since you’re profitable, I’d rather see you have the money in something sounder. Congrats on your gains!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sean
    Iam down 66%. Yikes
    Should I wait or take my losses

Sean Hyman

Why would you choose to sell at a loss when it’s trending higher now?

The instruction to vmickel was to consider selling because they are profitable on the stock.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

OK good because I didn’t want to take that big of a loss I thought maybe you saw something that was going to go bankrupt or something but OK thanks

Sean Hyman

No. It was in response to the person saying, “Hey, I’m profitable on it…should I hold or exit?” Your situation is different. Therefore, it’s all relative to your situation and where you are in the stock.

James Box
    Participant

TEVA is up today but it looks like it has been in a long sideways range since 2019.

Maybe it will make it back up to $13ish range?

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Long, boring ranges tend to breakout into long, strong trends.

A traditional target is this shaded zone, but with its ultra-long range, it could head much higher than that, in time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Andrew Graham
    Participant

Hi Sean,

I’m up 28% & 38% respectively on TEVA in two separate accounts.  It looks like it has reached the upper part of the red resistance zone that you posted back in September.  I think I know the answer but wanted to check in with you and get a thumbs up before I sell here.    Thanks!

Andrew Graham
    Participant

Ok, I was looking the posts out of order…I’m just seeing your Jan 2 post.  Sell half instead ??

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Andrew Graham.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.