Home Forums Members Forum SPXS—Sean, what are your latest thoughts?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thank you in advance!

John

Trey JohnsonTrey Johnson
    Participant

I am interested know as well. Cheapest price I have seen. I know it bleeds off value but just curious if this is something to put a small amount of money with the looming correction.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Shorting an uptrending market is one of the toughest, most dangerous things you can attempt. Shorting after a rally upward within an overall downtrend is less risky than “top calling” which almost no one can successfully do.

And I now like UVXY better than SPXS. It doesn’t erode quite as bad on the downside, yet has great upside. But what I said above, still stands. I’d not suggest shorting an uptrend.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    matt andersonmatt anderson
    Participant

I learned my lesson buying January 20 puts on FB & IWM back in May, thinking the crash in April was wave A. Now I have to roll them out at a loss. Won’t do that again!

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yep. The natural inclination is to try to short tops. However, almost no one can call a top or bottom ahead of time. So it’s best to let the market turn and start with the “lower highs” of the new downtrend instead. With buying calls/buying puts, it’s best to stick with the overall momentum of the prevailing trend.

Participant

Have been watching SPXS and was wondering about the chances of a reverse split? what triggers them.
    THANKS
    Clarence

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

When the price per share gets so low, sometimes they’ll decide to vote to do a reverse split. Direxion, the owner of that ETF would decide when/if they did that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.