Home Forums Members Forum sometimes I do something “crazy”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Every now and then, I have invested in a stock purely for entertainment. I know it is totally against our policy…but I buy with an amount of $$$ that if I lose everything I’m OK with it… similar to buying a case of good wine, going to a play (with the best seats and dinner and drinks), etc. So far, I’ve never been burned but I realize it’s more than highly possible! Most of the time, my pick has been based on…”not much!”…just something I’ve read and think “that sounds interesting”. I don’t do any deep research so a purchase would simply be based on… very little. My current Covid fun is revolving around a Chinese stock PLIN. I’m curious if any of you out there ever do this. I hope when I purchase PLIN It will be profitable enough to do something even more fun when all the real entertainment venues open!!! Go, PLIN

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Super small company. Somewhat low average daily volume. Lots of debt. Little cash. And its trended lower its entire small existence.

If I were going to take a small amount of money that I could stand to lose, I wouldn’t do it on a fundamentally small and weak company. I’d do it through buying call options on a fundamentally solid company that’s cheap fundamentally and that’s likely near the bottom of a wave 2 or 4. I’d have a long-dated option and at least at or in the money strike price.

Participant

Thanks Sean. Great advice as usual! However, I don’t know anything about call options, long dated options, or money strike price. But, I didn’t know anything about PLIN either!!! Maybe just some cases of wine?…but I rarely drink so my husband would be REALLY happy with that! Can you tell I’m bored today? Ha, Ha a rainy dreary day here in MN.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

It’s never too late to learn. Especially on boring rainy days. ha-ha.

The best place you can start is with my e-book. It’s the simplest thing you’ll ever read on options and comes with some strategies: https://www.ebookit.com/tools/pd/Bo/eBookIt/booktitle-Option-Trading-Demystified–Six-Simple-Trading-Strategies-That-Will-Give-You-An-Edge

If you want more after that, you can check out this report: https://logicalinvestor.net/product/synthetic-stock-and-generating-free-money-from-stocks/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.