Home Forums Ask Sean Something for the site developers to look into

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I subscribe to both the Ask Sean and Members Forum sections of the website. If I get an email indicating that a new topic has been created and follow the link in the email to read the topic, there is no indication as to which area of the website I’m in. So, I can see it being very easy to respond thinking I’m in the Members Forum when I’m actually in the Ask Sean section. This brings up the possibility of disclosing member only information to the general public.
    Before you respond that the Ask Sean or Members Forum will be blue to indicate which area I’m in, I know this is true if you pick one or the other in the header at the top of the page, but if you follow a link from an email, none of those areas in the header are highlighted in blue.

Sean Hyman

Yep, agreed. I’m passing it along to the creators of the site to see if there’s something they can do.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

This has supposedly been fixed now. Let me know if you see that it has not been. Thx.

Jerry
    Participant

There is now an area highlighted in blue, but the incorrect forum is being indicated in some cases. As an example, the recent post regarding sell alerts is in the Members Forum, but when I follow the link from the email, Ask Sean is highlighted.

Sean Hyman

I forwarded that on to them. Thx

steven
    Keymaster

Sorry about that guys. Everything should highlight accordingly.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Thanks, Steven!

TSavage
    Participant

When I click on a link from an email, I have no clue where I go. There’s a hamburger menu upper right and Sean’s name upper left. Am I missing something?

Sean Hyman

On the smartphone version it’s not as evident as a web browser on your computer/laptop.

TSavage
    Participant

I’m on an iPad in a browser (safari). In case that matters.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by TSavage.
    Sean Hyman

Reduce the font size to 85% or copy the link into another browser. Those fixes have worked on iPads thus far.

TSavage
    Participant

I don’t see in both chrome and safari where I can change the font size. Your website displays correctly in chrome in landscape mode. I am still seeing only the hamburger menu and your name in chrome portrait mode and both landscape and portrait modes in safari.

Sean Hyman

Check out the latest video where the video format was re-done and also the Getting Started video that was redone in a new format. That should take care of the video problems going forward.

admin
    Keymaster

We went through and fixed most of the videos in the blog posts. So you shouldnt have to do that any more. If you come across one that messes up, let us know what post you are on. As far as clicking a link from an email on a mobile device, there is supposed to be breadcrumbs at the top telling you where you are. We are looking into why that is not showing on Mobile.

Sean Hyman

Thx, Michael. I appreciate y’all looking into that.

The latest video I just did today (the new Getting Started video), I put it in there like Steven’s video showed. So that should help those on iPad, smartphones, etc. to view it better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.