Home Forums Members Forum Small investors

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Sean,
    Thanks for your monthly and weekly efforts. God bless
    I have grown my portfolio since I joined yet it is very small.
    I see good progress but I want to ask you if you can add a relatively cheap stock or ETF. As last 2 picks ( including this month) were 50+ usd
    I did gain in bbby and slv and lpl.
    Thanks for your support ask usual.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

That thinking is a mistake. Cheap “per share” means nothing. Some of our highest gains sometimes have come from our highest priced stocks per share, like when we owned Apple 3 times.

A per-share price is simply how many slices the company is sliced into. So, cheap per share is a mistake that many people make.

However, we’ve had some cheap ones: SAN is about as cheap as it gets. We’ve had LPL. We’ve had ones that went down to really cheap price per share levels like BBBY at its lowest.

But don’t invest or not invest based off of price per share. That’s a very bad mistake. Buy whether our stock is $90 per share and you get fewer shares or $5 per share and you get a ton of shares.

Check out this article I wrote in the blog section of the site just to address this mistake. https://logicalinvestor.net/blog/debunking-an-investor-mistake-focusing-on-number-of-shares-price-per-share-2/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.