Home Forums Members Forum SLX

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am up 14.5% on SLX currently and have been debating myself for several days about what to do. Test question for the group…
    A) Sell 1/2
    B) Sell All (don’t be greedy)
    C) order more popcorn and enjoy the ride

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

In light of the overall risky market that’s due for a crash, anytime you’re up 10-20% or more on any pick (aside from SLV), you should consider selling. If we weren’t in such an overall risky market, I might normally say otherwise.

Congrats on your gain. Good problems to have.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Since we didn’t quite hit our 3rd tranche, going off of our other two tranches, we’re just slightly profitable right now, by a hair. But if we were all collectively/overall up as much as you are, we’d be out too.

Participant

Would pplt be included with slv. Im up about 15 percent.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

PPLT “should” go up more, but it’s a tougher call than SLV. PPLT is more impacted by the economy being more of an industrial metal. Silver is both precious and industrial. Silver’s broken out into a clear uptrend on its long-term weekly charts. It’s a tougher call on PPLT. So if I were up today on PPLT by 15% would I sell? Probably so. Mainly, given the extreme high risk of the overall market. But yes, PPLT could still prosper even in the midst of an overall market correction. If it did not, I’d imagine it would pop higher shortly after the correction ended.

Participant

Sold at 12.51% profit. Thanks Sean!

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

That’s a great 11-month return. Congrats!

Participant

Jon, the answer is a no brainer and I am guilty of not doing it a number of times. Do not be greedy! Take your profits and you will have cash to allocate to another opportunity. Answer (B).

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Good answer, Joe.

BekkaBekka
    Participant

I sold SLX today for a 15% profit.

Sean HymanSean Hyman

That’s awesome!

Steven JohnsonSteven Johnson
    Participant

Sold for 25% gain. Would you buy SLX again if it drops to the 26 – 27 dollar price?

Sean HymanSean Hyman

Congrats! Yes, you could buy back in with a tranche then and then have two others spaced in 10% or more increments from each other.

Steven JohnsonSteven Johnson
    Participant

Thank you!

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

SLX is heading back to its recent highs. Here are a couple of likely scenarios for where it goes from here. If its latest correction is over, then the push to $39ish is likely. If its a deeper a-b-c, then the c-leg could head lower first, after this rally, but then ultimately head back toward that $39ish area or higher.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.