Home Forums Members Forum Sell Alert on CHL just issued for US clients due to presidential executive order

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Sell Alert on CHL just issued for US clients due to presidential executive order

If you want to see our conversations we’ve been having about it Friday – Sunday, you can check them out in the search for CHL, here: https://logicalinvestor.net/forums/search/chl/

Participant

Sold at $27.06….overall I am down about 26% but I would rather take this loss as opposed to losing ALL that I had invested!!

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yeah, risking 100% of the capital just would be unwise. Agreed.

Participant

I also sold at $27.06 and had a similar loss. While I don’t like the loss, it’s better than when Obama forced Peabody into bankruptcy, and we lost the whole investment. Would be nice if we didn’t have these losses but with Sean’s system, we are still making above average returns even with the losses.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yep, agreed. Obama bankrupted one of our industries here in the US and cost a lot of good paying US jobs. While I don’t like this executive order, we can say that Trump didn’t cost US jobs like Obama did. What Obama did was needlessly costing US jobs.

Piano ManPiano Man
    Participant

Sold at $26.98.

Leslie HarvathLeslie Harvath
    Participant

Also out @ $27.06. So thankful we had an opportunity to sell.
    I took a moment to figure out the effect on my total portfolio:
    Loss of the position computed to a mere 1.17% of my entire portfolio (including cash holdings) due to Sean’s teachings on diversification and advice to move earnings into cash to await opportunities in the coming bear market. We are so blessed! Thank you, Sean!

Participant

Fidelity is currently letting me know the process to transfer this to the Hong Kong exchange.

Participant

Sean, is there a source you can share for this information that shows what stocks are impacted by the presidential order?

Participant

Sean, Thanks for sending out the CHL sell so promptly this morning. Question; assuming Biden/Harris take office this month do you think this executive order will be reversed by a China friendly Biden? Do you think this is going to affect more trade wars with China outside of the stock.

Dan RDan R
    Participant

Sold at a loss but this month my account went over a new 300K milestone (currently 307K). Covid slammed it in march down to about 229K so I think I’ll be just fine as long as I follow Sean’s advice and keep cash on hand (which gained 15K with this sale). 🙂

Russell BarrettRussell Barrett
    Participant

sold $27.37 @ 21% loss. one bad stock in 3 years, that’s pretty darn good to me!

Sean HymanSean Hyman

Yep, losses will happen but yes, likely rare. Agreed.

Sean HymanSean Hyman

Awesome testimony, Dan. Thanks for sharing it.

ThankfulThankful
    Participant

Sold at a pretty big loss, which is what it is and part of long term investing so I have no problem with that. Sean has gotten us into so many gains and even more great value picks over the last couple months which will far outshine any losses in one particular stock. For example on a red day we’ve got SLV up 2% and GDX up over 5%! In the past, like with Peabody, I tweaked the system and didn’t diversify as I should and didn’t average down etc so PBR hurt, where CHL was part of a much more diversified and stable system. Let this be an example for people who have come on lately. No matter how good the homework, go through Sean’s Investing Basics (as he has suggested time and again), diversify, averaging down, etc. He’s also instructed us to have cash for a downturn, which I’m sitting on very comfortably.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.