Home Forums Members Forum recent $$$

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My husband wants to buy FXAIX mutual fund. Do you buy mutual funds in tranches like our stock purchases?

Sean HymanSean Hyman

Why would he buy the index at one its most expensive times in US history? Just curious.

Yes, you’d do mutual funds in tranches too. But it’s nowhere near time to start doing that yet.

Participant

He closed a managed account @TD per my suggestion and because he currently has $$ in that FXIAX index fund through his former work he figured he’d put the $$ in the index fund. I didn’t like the TD managed account because it cost about 200.00 per quarter and we didn’t have any control. The account pretty much stays the same and I assume that the funds are examined only at set periods per some set metrics based on keeping the $$safe …obviously not individually managed. There would sometimes be multiple gains of 17-25% on an individual funds but they would never be sold for those gains (I assume) because it just wasn’t time to rebalance the funds. Now, I’m trying my best to make a good decision as to where that chunk of money should go.

Sean HymanSean Hyman

Money market, SLV, high dividend yielding value stocks.

FusionDudeFusionDude
    Participant

FXAIX is one of the options in my 401(k). When the market sells off to Sean’s recommended levels, I’ll start investing in it, but for now I’m 100% cash.

By the way, I made 19% in FXAIX in just under 3 weeks back in March. But since that’s a whole year’s worth of return, I’m happy to be sitting back in cash right now.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Awesome, FusionDude.

Yes, vmickel check out my latest weekly video for more thoughts on how far the market may correct and how you might allocate tranches into that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.