Home Forums Members Forum Price of Gold

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sean

What is the reason for such a sell off today for the price of gold?

BobTBobT
    Participant

As Sean mentioned in a video a few weeks ago, the metals could have pull packs before going even higher. I’m suspecting this is the start of one.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Gold/metals are volatile. There doesn’t have to be any one reason on any one day why gold rises a lot or falls a lot. It’s volatile by nature. Here’s our conversations from today about metals on the forum: https://logicalinvestor.net/forums/topic/what-is-up-with-metals-today/

People want upside volatility (which they don’t view as volatility) without downside volatility, yet that’s impossible. You can’t have one without the other. And gold has always had volatile swings both ways and there wasn’t a news event on each and every day that swung it one way or the other. Gold always has been volatile and always will be volatile (sometimes more than others).

But look at its huge swings below, just over the past 2 years. Also, look at gold’s trends. But look at the % pullbacks all along the way. That will always happen, even without any news.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

In yesterday’s weekly video, I go over gold, silver, platinum, GDX and my latest thoughts on them. https://logicalinvestor.net/members-only/the-logical-investor-weekly-video-01-07-21/

Participant

As Sean has stated in the past: Don’t freak out when our stocks go down.

Philippians 4:7
    English Standard Version
    7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Bill Johnson said it so well: “If you want to have peace that passes understanding, you have to give up your right to understand everything.” Trust is activated when we make ourselves vulnerable to who He says He is, beyond reason.

I need to think on this often.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.