Home Forums Members Forum Nokia

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Good morning, Sean…I hope that you are able to settle things in your grandfather’s estate quickly and satisfactorily…..I do have a question about Nokia (NOK)….To my amateur eyes, it looks to have been in a long sideways consolidation and may be moving up….seems to be working between the 50-day and 200-day moving averages, as well…..I own a couple hundred shares and wonder if I should hold for possible growth or sell while marginally profitable…currently up 5%.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Nokia is on my watch list. To me, the real picture is on the weekly chart. It looks to have formed a bottom in wave 2, but has had a sizable rally up afterward that I’d like to see it retrace a good bit, if we were to ever get into it.

With that said, if I already owned shares in it, I wouldn’t be selling. I’d be holding on. But in the end, that’s up to you, since its a non-LI position.

Congrats on your gain. Over time, I think you have a chance for more…but near- to medium-term, it could pullback and that pullback could temporarily erase those profits but give you the shot at more later on as the bigger part of wave 3 unfolds.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Like I discussed in my earlier post, my novice eyes saw what you saw on the weekly chart….the long-term sideways consolidation which could lead to an extensive run up over the next couple of months/years…..I will hold onto what I have and will make an additional purchase if/when NOK makes the LI investment list……As always, thanks for the valuable counsel…

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

It’s sideways in the sense that it’s future prices were stuck between wave C’s lows and wave 1’s highs. But it’s really been more of a 3-wave downtrend in wave 2 more so than a sideways range of wave 2.

A powerful 5-wave up move should unfold in wave 3. But it wouldn’t surprise me if we get some pullback first. It doesn’t have to happen. But wouldn’t surprise me.

You’re welcome.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Sean HymanSean Hyman.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.