Home Forums Members Forum My 2020 Logical Investor Portfolio Spreadsheet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I created this spreadsheet as a way to help me to keep track of all of our investments…..I added a tab each month and now I am sharing it with all of you….I hope that this helps other Logical Investors keep track of our investments they way it has helped me!

I hope all of you enjoy good health, happiness, and wealth in 2021!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AV8R
    Participant

Thanks!

Scott Pearcy
    Participant

You are very welcome!!

Bauka
    Participant

Thanks!

Scott Pearcy
    Participant

I find it useful to keep all of the spreadsheets for the year within a single file….easier to keep track of…..I also keep a full year of newsletters in a folder on my computer desktop for easy reference….

Robert R Weidman
    Participant

finance.yahoo.com is what I use. It’s “My Portfolio” (yours) keeps track of each (tranche) and the return of each. (Excellent to see how important it is to average down!) It is easy to use and allows for customization i.e. last price, change, change%, currency, day range,52-wk range, market cap,volume, avg volume, cost/share, day change, day change%, total change%, market value and more. I recommend it highly.

Sean Hyman

Scott: Wow! That’s cool that you have a year’s worth of newsletters on your desktop.

Leslie Harvath
    Participant

Robert, thank you for the resource! What a convenient way to put all my accounts in one place. I was able to populate one account fairly quickly, and I’m looking forward to adding my other accounts.

Bekka
    Participant

Thank you! I printed it out!

Sean Martin
    Participant

Appreciate it!

Leslie Harvath
    Participant

In addition to Robert & Scott’s resources, I’m attaching an LI portfolio spreadsheet with all our current positions and areas to enter your positions & tranches along with any notes on the position (also SOLD & SPLIT areas and Dividend log on a separate tab). I keep notes from the videos, articles, forums (3rd wave; expect a pullback; expects to reach $130s; 1st resistance $36-$42; expect high volatility, etc.). This is based on $3k positions ($1k/tr) that can easily be overridden by going into the cells and changing the formulas. It will calculate your average share cost, profit by $ and % with an area for Dividend accumulated, etc. (includes examples).

If Excel is not your thang or you’d like help customizing your portfolio (mine includes old UWR positions that I’ve not yet exited), please let me know & I’ll be more than happy to help you. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Piano Man
    Participant

Hey, Robert!
    I’ve also been using Yahoo Finance on my iPhone (mobile app) iPad (mobile app), and laptop ((web site version). I like that they all sync up with my info.
    Q- you said it also “keeps track of each (tranche) and the return of each.”
    When I click on the # of shares in the “list” view, It only shows me the # of shares, price for those shares, and the date purchased for each/every tranche – all info I manually entered, but nothing else.
    How do I view “keeps track of each (tranche) and the return of each“?

Robert R Weidman
    Participant

Click on “My Holdings”, then the down arrow on upper right. Opens each holding separately then click up arrow to collapse.

Piano Man
    Participant

Yes, I use that. It displays data on each of my positions, SLV, FXB, etc., including the total # of shares in each respective position.
    Beyond that, where do I find the info that shows how each tranche (of each position) is performing (that you mentioned above)? I would like to see that.
    Currently, I track it separately in my Excel sheets, but it would be great to view that in YF, as well.
    Thx Robert

Sean Hyman

Wow! Leslie, that is helpful. Love that you take notes. Smart!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.