Home Forums Members Forum Make Sure You Subscribe To Get Replies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

To Subscribe To Members Forum or Ask Sean

In the top right of the main page, make sure you have clicked Subscribe. If you ARE subscribed to the whole forum, it will say “Unsubscribe”. Don’t click “Unsubscribe” unless you don’t want to receive notifications of new topics posted in Members Forum or Ask Sean. Here is what it looks like if you are NOT subscribed to receive notifications of new topics:

To Follow A Specific Topic

The steps are pretty much the same except it looks slightly different and smaller. Take a look at the image below for how to subscribe/unsubscribe from a specific topic. Remember that if you reply to a topic, you are automatically subscribed to receive notifications on that topic only.

To Subscribe / Unsubscribe to Notifications for Sean’s Special Newsletters in the Members Area

Click on My Account and then on the left click Notifications. From there, make sure the Newsletter is checked and the dropdown says Subscribed. See the following image:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Participant

Yep, the bulk of them have that all checked properly because I’ve confirmed. Agreed. Appreciate the visuals though. Love it!

JonJon
    Participant

Heya Stephen,
    Great work on finding that email bug that was wigging out the system. YOU THE MAN!
    Have you thought about expanding the verbiage on the “Subscribe” & “Unsubscribe” buttons? Something in the realm of “Click here to Subscribe” & “Click here to Unsubscribe”. I make this suggestion since it’s been a source of a lot of confusion since day 1 and I include myself in the list of the confused ones.
    Thanks & Best Regards,
    Jon

stevensteven
    Keymaster

I’m currently looking for a way to list ALL of your subscription options under My Account – Notifications. For the links as they are written now, I will look into that. Its part of BBPress.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Participant

That would be awesome.

By the way, I’m getting some email alerts for the first time in a while.

Participant

I am still not getting any notifications, all perimeters are set correctly.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Participant

There’s definitely still a problem for some. We’re not exactly sure why, last I heard. I know Steven has been looking into it. Strangely enough, I am finally getting alerts.

Participant

I am subscribe to notification but still not getting anything in my email? Is there anything else I should be doing? Been checking the forum a handful of times throughout the day to stay on top of what’s going on but it can be hard at times, any idea when this will be resolved?

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Participant

No. No ETA. They’re unsure of what’s stopping some from getting them. We may have to try another email alert plugin.

Participant

Am I understanding correctly that we need to subscribe to each post thread we’re following? Not just the “forum” page?

TanyaZTanyaZ
    Participant

seems as though there are glitches on my end as well

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Participant

Allen, no. Unless you uncheck the box below your post, you’d get alerts if things are working correctly. Just don’t uncheck the box that is defaulted to being checked.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Participant

We just did one upgrade and I’m getting a slew of alerts coming through now, from earlier. Let me know if this is happening for you as well.

TanyaZTanyaZ
    Participant

I’ve just received 3 in the last hour and John Frey is the latest one in that group

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Participant

Awersome. Glad to hear some are starting to come through for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.