Home Forums Members Forum LPL

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I know in the long run LPL will be going higher as you have said, but wondering given that I’m not making a dividend, if it would be smart to sell now if profitable before this market goes down.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

That’s up to you. But its chart is finally improving on its longer-term chart. It’s already gone 5-waves down to complete wave C’s bottom. So while it could certainly pull back a lot % wise initially, it should head much higher over time. It’s MACD has broken a downtrend line, another positive.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

LPL may be gearing up to breakout again soon.

Attachments:
    Thankful
    Participant

I locked in an 18% gain on LPL today, figured I would strike while the market was stretched to the upside.

Sean Hyman

Good job. Congrats!

sshetty
    Participant

hi Sean with this stock I get charges deducted periodically as ADR charges ….wondering does anyone also get these charges towards this stock…

Sean Hyman

Others are welcome to respond but that’s a good question for your broker. I never focus on the fees. Just the goal of the stock appreciation I’m looking for.

Costs are so low these days. When I started in the industry, internet trades were $29.95 for a buy and again for a sell. $60ish in total so I think we’ve got it so good today for sure.

Before the Internet days, it was $100+ per trade. Sometimes hundreds.

Andrew Graham
    Participant

sshetty,

Yes, I get charged an ADR fee for LPL and the other foreign stocks. The broker charges you the fee for providing the banking services that allow you to buy and sell the stock and receive dividends in US Dollars instead of in Euros or Yen, etc. Investopedia has a good explanation of the fees and how ADR works (see link below) !!!

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/adr.asp

Hi Sean!!! Happy Thanksgiving !

Sean Hyman

They may incur currency conversion fees.

FusionDude
    Participant

Normally, I only get charged an ADR fee for a foreign stock on a dividend, but LPL has had an annual fee, even though it hasn’t paid a dividend. Like Sean says, I’m counting on the appreciation to eclipse the fees, even though they are irksome in the waiting.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

LPL should be in its uptrend now, with volatile % pullbacks along the way.

Attachments:
    Chad Buck
    Participant

Where would you anticipate a target sell range from here?

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Here are its two main resistance zones. Over time, it should have no problem overcoming the first one and headed for the 2nd one. But that could take time.

Attachments:
    sshetty
    Participant

thank you Sean , Andrew Graham and FusionDude for your responses

Sean Hyman

You’re welcome.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.