Home Forums Members Forum KAMAN CORP, KAMN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Sean,
    Came across this company this weekend researching companies, appears to have low debt, decent earnings, and been beat down a bit. cash is a little low for our liking, but looks pretty solid. thoughts for long term hold?
    Thank you,
    Mark

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

I’m not sure why I haven’t heard of them since they’ve been around since 1945. But I’m also surprised they’re still so small, market cap wise and earnings wise and why they have such low cash, since they’ve been around for so long.

It’s got too low of earnings and cash for us in LI. If I were going into the defense sector, I’d have to way for LMT to take a huge beating and get out of favor (or Ratheon), and that’s not the case for it at all right now.

Leslie HarvathLeslie Harvath
    Participant

Mark, just my 2 cents (I’m learning, too!)! Is there a way to figure out their Forward P/E? With such a high trailing P/E and no available forward P/E, it is hard to determine if it is a fair value for someone like me. On fundamentals, their raw earnings are pretty low.

Oops, I was typing while Sean was replying. Ignore!

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

And it’s likely since there’s not a stated forward P/E, that they’re doing like a lot of companies right now and foregoing forward guidance in light of covid. However, their earnings and cash are low enough to where it would count it out for us in LI. It wouldn’t take too much of a prolonged recession or them going without some good contract for a while to put them under. From 1945 til now, they should be a lot larger company than they are. They likely either have poor management, or are on their way down, etc. if they’ve been around that long and they’re no bigger than they are (market cap wise, earnings wise, etc.).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.