Home Forums Members Forum Investing For Kids?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been teaching my daughters about the market and investing. They are 12 and 11, so I’m keeping it simple at the moment to get them interested. Great skills to have as they grow older and become adults. I was wondering if you’ve ever thought about creating content for educating kids on market basics or thought about ways to engage them and make it fun? Currently I let them pick a stock or two from your list and put some of their money into it. Then we track the progress on a white board just to keep it overt and observable daily. They enjoy watching their money accumulate. Never thought I’d see pre-teens interested in the Dow. ūüėÄ

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by CJones.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by CJones.
    Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

For really young kids, younger than yours…Warren Buffett made some cartoons for young ones to learn about stocks. https://www.youtube.com/user/SecretMillionaires

Also, before that, I’d make sure they know about managing their personal finances first. My ebook (which is a quick 50 pages and simple to read/understand) goes over that, and covers some on investing too. https://www.ebookit.com/tools/pd/Bo/eBookIt/booktitle-The-Six-Keys-to-Financial-Success

I paid my kids to read certain books I wanted them to read and they did a 1-page report on it. That was just to let me know that they read it and got stuff out of it. It wasn’t graded, etc. I got the “pay kids to read books” concept from John Maxwell.

But other than that, my strong point isn’t in teaching kids all that well. I do much better with them once they get to about your kids ages and up and I start teaching nuggets of the foundation of investing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.