Home Forums Ask Sean If you own positions in ProShares ETFs…Take heed…..

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Glad we don’t own any of them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, Scott, thanks for posting! I don’t own any of these shares either, but I have in the past.

Scott Pearcy
    Participant

Me too

JOY CHENNAULT
    Participant

Still hold ULE from UWR days. It was not ever profitable(minorly at times) but not a consideration for selling and to my understanding it was to work opposite of the dollar so have been holding. This is not the way I wanted to lessen one of my remaining 6 positions from UWR. Part of the process, can’t win them all. Hooray for those that ONLY have LI positions. Still looking forward to that day.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

There’s no reason to sell the euro. The dollar stayed unusually strong. But that comes to an end at some point. And we could be at/near the dollar’s rise. The euro is very beaten down…deep value. It will return. It all goes in cycles.

JOY CHENNAULT
    Participant

I have no intention of selling but is there the probability that Proshares will liquidate?

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

We’ll see. On one hand, it has low average daily volume, but on the other hand, it’s based on a major asset in the world. If the dollar’s top has just recently happened or if it happens soon, then that should cause a notable up-tick in ULE’s volume.

If they liquidate, you could always buy long-term call options (leaps, 2-years out) on FXE and ride it back up. That’s one possibility, IF they liquidated you at the bottom.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.