Home Forums Members Forum IBM

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Sean
    is IBM on your watchlist for a future pick

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yes it is. It’s one of the top few on my watch list that I’ve been eyeing.

ThankfulThankful
    Participant

What a call by sshetty, Sean you are teaching us too well! Got my first tranche market order in just a little while ago.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by ThankfulThankful.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by ThankfulThankful.
    Participant

Good job SSHETTY! I’ve continued to track IBM also, and felt it was a great, quality pick the last time. That’s too funny that you asked Sean probably about the same time he was editing his monthly newsletter!

Participant

Up $2 already! Great call!

Participant

I am in with my order at $107.25……

Participant

thank you Sean ….I have been watching this stock and it was at a good price point thats why I wanted to ask Sean about it …yes Kevin I also thought it is funny how Sean had this pick for this month at the same time I asked about it…

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yeah, IBM was the top of 3 picks that were at the top of my watch list. I’d decided out of those, that IBM was more solid, cheaper and reaped a higher dividend yield…so it made the cut over all of the rest.

When it dipped hard last time, I’d had my eye on it too, but EWI won out (in my eyes) as potentially a better pick at the time, so we went with it then. EWI reaped us about 18% in around 2 months. So I was happy with that. IBM happened to reap a similar return over that same time. But the good news is that I got another shot at IBM. This time around, I’m not quite as quick to go back into EWI because of the lock-downs happening all over Europe that could continue to spread.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

So, good job, sshetty! And you got your user name in the newsletter to boot! ha-ha.

ThankfulThankful
    Participant

For my fellow British Baking heads, that’s an old school Paul Hollywood handshake right there ūüėõ

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

And the hits just keep coming. This has got to be making the short-sellers squirm. While there are many reasons why a director may sell, there’s only one reason they’d buy…because they think its undervalued:

Three IBM directors pick up shares
    Oct. 29, 2020 2:18 PM ET|About: International Business Mach… (IBM)|By: Brandy Betz, SA News Editor
    IBM (NYSE:IBM) board directors picking up shares: Former Northern Trust Corporation CEO Frederick Waddell, retired The Vanguard Group CEO Frederick McNabb, and Sidney Taurel, Chairman Emeritus of Eli Lilly.

Waddell purchased 1,000 shares at an average price of $107.50, bringing his total holdings up to 3,763.

McNabb picked up 9,250 shares at $108.01 each, which represents his total holdings.

Taurel bought 5,000 shares at $110.75 for 28,798 shares total.

IBM shares are up 2.6% to $109.33.

Regulatory filings: Waddell / McNabb / Taurel.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

We’re in, officially, at $108. I know some of you are in at more favorable prices, but I always want our entries to be very realistic/obtainable and not some price that it hardly traded at for very long.

ThankfulThankful
    Participant

I’m in at 107.25. Crazy how perfect the timing is. I know you don’t know these things in advance Sean and you’re just looking for value in a great company, but man this is prefect timing.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Thanks. Well, in all fairness, its perfect timing for one day. Ha-ha. So if I were an intraday trader, I’d have hit it nicely today. ha-ha. Plus, it happened to have two good news announcements that happened that I had no idea would happen, ahead of time.

But what did I know? It was cheap/hated, solid, huge enticing dividend and through the bottom of both daily and weekly lower Bollinger Bands.

(By the way, for call options, when the stock is cheap and at or below both bottom bands, it’s a good time for long-dated in or near the money calls, etc. I don’t mean specific to this stock, but just as a general principles with stock options in general.)

Jeff WJeff W
    Participant

Red Hat is a pretty big deal its basically in competition to Amazon AWS and Linux is also likely going to be server OS for the future. That is a massive scale of potential. Good call great dividend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.