Home Forums Members Forum Holding Cash and Ready!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sean,
    I know your philosophy on the overvaluation of the market and the holding of cash. I saw your comments in the PPLT thread regarding cash I just wanted to respond using a new topic and maybe encourage some.

I’M READY for the downturn!

55% cash in LI portfolio
    100% in 401k where I have less control.
    65% in a variable annuity

I’m hoping to ride major gains into retirement when the correction occurs (4 years to go). I ran out of cash back in March averaging down when everyone was dumping. Most all have paid off. I’m still off on a couple old UWR holdings but I’ve made back those losses and then some. Using your other reports my goal is to try and add $300-$500\month with options and dividend captures. So far 6 weeks into the new year I’m up just shy of $1400. Small numbers compared to some I’m sure but significant to me.

I struggled with my confidence in the UWR days as so much was down but stuck with it. The new LI format is SOOOOO much better!

Thank you Sean for the confidence, and I’m sure prayerful leading, to go on your own without the constraints of the newsletter houses.

God Bless and Kind Regards

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Over time, I’d encourage a little higher cash levels, as you can.

Dividend Captures work best while the market is trending higher. It won’t likely work right in a market downtrend. So you’d want to resume them in the new uptrend.

Going out on my own was the best thing that ever happened to me. And once my income is fully recovered (which I think may happen over the next few years), then I’ll have the best of both worlds.

Yes, this format is FAR superior. I agree. It’s better for subscribers for sure. People more properly understand averaging down and its better defined now. Also, I can respond much more quickly than in UWR days. And with the way markets are moving so fast these days, there’s no way I could have done that (or been allowed to do that) while at Newsmax.

Thank you!

Scott
    Participant

Great topic David. I’m glad we have a cash thread now.

LI portfolio 72% cash
    House money 100% cash (currently leasing)
    401k 100% cash
    No real estate

There will be plenty of time to ask questions I suppose. Getting curious about options strategies and how to allocate SPY versus LI portfolio.

Sean, this is so much better than being with Newsmax or Maven. Thank you for all that your up-to-date thoughts and strategies.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Thanks, Scott. Yes, agree. I’m SO glad we’re in this format and not on the others anymore. While I didn’t initially want the changes, I do believe that God progressed things for your long-term good and for my long-term good as well. Agreed.

Scott
    Participant

Very profound statement. God works in mysterious ways! My Higher Power is compelling me to fire my trustee because they’re not performing the duties required of them. It’s a difficult process, however in the end it’s worth it. Much like you’re relating here. Agreed.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m not a believer in higher powers. Only Jesus.

Scott
    Participant

I understand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.