Home Forums Members Forum E-mail notifications

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
  • Ted & Elizabeth ThomasTed & Elizabeth Thomas
    Participant

My e-mail notifications stopped on the 5th anybody else having problems ?

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Email notifications are still going out, like clockwork. So is it the notifications from the Members Area (sell alerts, notifications of monthly newsletters/weekly videos) or forum alerts? Any details you can provide may help us to figure out why you’re not getting them. Have you checked your junk folder as well?

Ted & Elizabeth ThomasTed & Elizabeth Thomas
    Participant

Hi Sean,

I have checked junk, spam & trash folders, nothing is going there. I haven’t gotten any of the email notifications since the 5th. I can still see them in the members area & forum, just not receiving them to my personal email account.
    I’ve checked everywhere I can think of to fix it but have not seen anything out of the ordinary. I have also tried logging out & back in. Nothing has helped.
    I hate to bother you but just don’t know what else to do. I’ll keep searching the forum & members area, just hard to keep up without the email notifications.

Thank you so much,
    Ted

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

As far as I can tell, from my end, you still look subscribed to get them.

For forum notifications, sometimes they “delink” for some reason. A fix for that has been to click the Unsubscribe word in the top right of the forum page and then click the word Subscribe. That usually re-links them.

I can confirm the system is still sending out alerts to my subscribers and I can confirm that people are still receiving them. Aside from that one fix I mentioned, I can’t see why its not letting you get notifications on other things though.

Try that one fix and let me know if that fixes that part. If anyone else has any thoughts on a fix, feel free to chime in.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Here’s a visual of where I’m talking about clicking. Also, see the very top/pinned post on the forum about notifications and make sure you’ve covered those steps. https://logicalinvestor.net/forums/topic/make-sure-you-subscribe-to-get-replies/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Everything seems to be set right.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Did you click to Unsubscribe and then click Subscribe again?

Participant

I have Unsubscribed & Subscribed & logged in & out. I did receive the testimonial & the email you sent with this link. I still haven’t received any from the forum & I did notice there was at least one that should have come in I’m thinking. Not sure what it might be.
    I did turn 60 about 10 days ago! That might have something to do with it! Haha lol

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

That email you got was likely from my MailChimp email, which I occasionally send something through to a broader audience.That’s probably what you got there. There have been several comments that have come through over the past hour that triggered email alerts. So, if you didn’get them, then something is still not right.

You could always unsubscribe from the entire newsletter service and then sign back up again as a new subscriber…being sure to check the box to get the newsletter. And then turn your forum alerts on. I don’t know for sure if that would do it or not. It’s just the only other thing I can think might possibly work. Not sure.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

…and congrats on turning 60! That’s awesome!

Participant

Still not having any luck with notifications.Any more ideas?

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

The only two things that I can think of are: check your email’s rules because if you accidentally clicked on that link that says you don’t want to receive notifications (within one of the email alerts), that could set up a rule that has them not come through to your account.

The other is to completely unsubscribe from the newsletter and then resubscribe.

That’s all I can think of to try. I know alerts are going out. I know I get tons of them every day. I can see that the system is sending them out to all subscribers that are signed up to receive them.

JimHJimH
    Participant

Sean, I have had problems receiving email notifications off and on from the time you moved over to the new site. I am not receiving emails at this time. I didn’t receive the Sell Alert on USO or the Weekly Video Email the past 3 weeks. I’m not sending this to complain. Just to make you aware of the situation. I’ll try the tricks you’ve suggested and see if that fixes the problem.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

We had the very same problem with alerts over at the Maven too. Technology is fickle. It’s why I’ve always said to never depend on it or use it as a crutch because it’s not dependable enough for that. It’s going to require checking with the site here and there, but it’s profitable to do so, literally.

But yes, try the tricks I’ve stated to see if one of them works.

Participant

I was not able to receive any notifications from the site for almost a month. After following all of Sean’s instructions, I was still not able to receive any communications. Sean said it had to be something to do with my email rules since we had already tried everything else. Since I am retired and know nothing about all this, I checked with my granddaughter. She could not find the problem, either. But, since I was with gmail she had me create a new email account just for the site. And it worked, after I updated the email address on my account I started receiving all communications from the site, again.
    I hope this helps someone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.