Home Forums Members Forum Concerning P/E as stock enters 3rd buydown… CAJ

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was poised to do my 3rd buy down on CAJ, taking my total securites inventment divided by 20 positions, divided by 3. Before I went to pull the trigger on 3rd buyin for CAJ, I noticed that the P/E was almost 26. I was wondering if there is P/E where the buydown recommendations change or are paused. Thinking we are good, but thought this might be a point of clarity.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

It’s forward P/E is in the 14’s. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CAJ/key-statistics?p=CAJ

It’s only its trailing P/E that was that high. So that means its P/E is improving.

Also, the lower price you get in at also takes your blended dividend yield higher, in this low yielding world.

Participant

Ok, an exercise in Investopedia… I’ll review those terms, got it. Good news.

Figured so I pulled trigger. Only up from here right? lol

Sean HymanSean Hyman

It’s fine to get your 3rd tranche in.

Trailing P/E compares the present stock price to its past year of earnings. Forward P/E compares the stock price to its expected/anticipated earnings over its next 12 months.

Sean HymanSean Hyman

It’s fine to get your 3rd tranche in.

Trailing P/E compares the present stock price to its past year of earnings. Forward P/E compares the stock price to its expected/anticipated earnings over its next 12 months.

Participant

I just entered my first tranche at $16.40. I entered the trade with trepidation since I feel like the market is about to turn bearish. Hopefully my thinking is correct that I can buy a second tranche if it falls another 10% or so, then third if it falls another 10%.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

A solid company that’s already beaten down a lot is a great place to start among a potential stock market downtrend, especially with its nice dividend yield. Few places could you get a 4.6% annual dividend yield.

Getting a stock, way below its 200-week moving average shows its grossly oversold and the sentiment has gotten way too negative. You can see from the past what it tends to do over time. Here’s where I believe it could go over the next year or two. Lots of technical improvements lately.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.