Home Forums Ask Sean Comments by James Schaller

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Many in DC and the press comment that they are amazed how Trump just moves on in spite of all the vicious attacks and impeachment. It is really very simple. Nice guys don’t last five minutes in NYC real estate. You can be a decent person, although not many are, but if you are not tough as nails, and able to put up with all sorts of abuse and threats, and lawsuits, you should move to another part of the country and be a developer there. Many of the NYC developers I interacted with are as abusive and blunt as Trump. They will not hesitate to insult you to your face, or say some other comments that most would never utter. So Trump is just being who he has always been, and is treating all the abuse as just part of the job. He will not let any of it really stop him, and he is unlikely to roll over in a deal just to make political points as opposed to trying to get the best deal he can. It is nearly impossible for people outside of NYC real estate to understand Trump, and to tolerate his sometimes obnoxious comments, but that is the environment he grew up in. I am not making excuses, just trying to give some sense of why he is who he is. It is not pretty, nor gentlemanly. He does get a lot done that nobody else would even try-i.e. China deal. USMCA, confronting Iran, deregulation on a mass scale, major tax cuts.

Sean Hyman

We sure needed someone “tough as nails” to turn this ship around.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.