Home Forums Ask Sean Changing credit cards/payments

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’m learning this new site as much as everyone else is. Evidently, there are a couple of steps if you change cards due to the previous card not accepting the payment. Here’s what I got from one subscriber:

It was a couple of steps…
    Enter new card in “Payment Method”
    click to make that the default
    Go to “My Subscription”.
    I forget what button to click after that, but need to “View” current order and then make the payment for the next month.

I guess making a new default method does just that – it does not actually make the payment. Maybe this is because my 1st credit card was no longer working

sshetty
    Participant

hi Sean
    once my credit card info is there …it is auto deduction monthly ….. am I correct in my thinking on this OR do I have to login and pay every month

Sean Hyman

Correct. Auto-deducted unless you choose to cancel. Correct.

Stephen J Elliot
    Participant

I changed my card about a month ago and it was easy peasy.

1. My Account
    2. Payment Method
    3. Add Payment Method
    4. Enter new card number
    5. Click Add Payment method
    6. Set new card number as default
    7. Delete old card number

I think there was a check box to make the payment reoccurring. I can’t see that screen to check without entering a new card number.
    I was just charged for this month so it seems to be working just fine.

Sean Hyman

Awesome. Glad to hear!

FusionDude
    Participant

Sean, have you considered adding PayPal to your payment sources? It helps by avoiding the need to update credit card info when you get a new number (or even just a new expiration date). Your billing platform does support it.

Sean Hyman

I didn’t pick the sources. That has something to do with what my credit card provider provides, not something I have a choice in. But they take all the major cards: visa, master card, American express, discover, etc.

FusionDude
    Participant

In the first days of this site I was talking to your developer and he mentioned the back end that is collecting your payments (I’ve since forgotten). I researched them briefly and saw that they do support PayPal.

I asked the developer about adding PayPal and he said that change would be up to you. At the time, you weren’t entertaining any changes (and you still may not be), but on the surface it should be supportable.

Just so you know.

Sean Hyman

That would for sure be extra costs for me, and I bet only 1-2% of people take advantage of it. Most subscribers still use a debit card or credit card.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.