Home Forums Ask Sean Buy/Sell Email Notices

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Sean,

Are you still emailing buy and sell recommendations? If so i’m not getting them.

Thanks

Sean Hyman

If you checked the box when you signed up, then you should be getting them. If you checked that box and you don’t see them, then that means they’re going to your junk/spam email folder. Check it. In the How To Subscribe video, I go over where this box is and highlight it to make sure you don’t overlook it.

However, if you didn’t check the box then, then you can go to the My Account button and click on it and then click on Notifications in the left hand corner of the page and then check that box for Your Lists, Member Newsletter and click Save. Also, while on that page, verify that your email is correct and that you didn’t have a typo when signing up. Let me know if that helps.

By checking that box, it alerts you to when monthly newsletters come out, weekly videos and sell alerts. In other words, everything from the Members Area.

kenatech
    Participant

There seems to be something not quite right on that “notifications” box. I am subscribed to both the Members Forum and Ask Sean, and get all those postings just fine. But I, too, do not get notifications about the weekly newsletters, and have to keep checking the Members Area every Thursday till they come in. So I checked My Account, and looked in “notifications” and it showed “unsubscribed.” So I clicked on that box, and it gave me a choice of subscribed or unsubscribed. So I clicked on Subscribed, and it showed Subscribed, then I clicked on Save. After the screen went back to the home page, I clicked on My Account again to check if the change went through, and it had gone back to “unsubscribed.” So, thinking that maybe it worked backwards like the forums, I clicked on “unsubscribed” and saved it again. Sure enough, when I went back to the home page, then re-checked it, it still showed “unsubscribed.” I have tried multiple times, but can’t can’t ever make it say “subscribed!”

Sean Hyman

Here’s what I wrote above. I believe it will help you too. Subscribing to the two forum pages has nothing to do with getting alerts for the newsletters/videos/recommendations:

If you checked the box when you signed up, then you should be getting them. If you checked that box and you don’t see them, then that means they’re going to your junk/spam email folder. Check it. In the How To Subscribe video, I go over where this box is and highlight it to make sure you don’t overlook it.
    However, if you didn’t check the box then, then you can go to the My Account button and click on it and then click on Notifications in the left hand corner of the page and then check that box for Your Lists, Member Newsletter and click Save. Also, while on that page, verify that your email is correct and that you didn’t have a typo when signing up. Let me know if that helps.
    By checking that box, it alerts you to when monthly newsletters come out, weekly videos and sell alerts. In other words, everything from the Members Area.

kenatech
    Participant

I have the box checked, but right above the box, it still says “unsubscribed.” I checked my SPAM folder for the past few weeks and your emails are not showing up there either. As I told you before, every time I change that box from “unsubscribed” to “subscribed” and hit save, the next time I check it, it’s back to “unsubscribed.” Since it seems unfixable that I can’t get that box to stay “subscribed,” I’m not going to worry about it or discuss it any more, and will just check your website weekly for the video and monthly for the newsletter. It’s a very minor inconvenience, especially since I DID get the SELL order for CAH!

Sean Hyman

Is this box checked that has this wording? Your lists Member Newsletter There should be a checked box there.

kenatech
    Participant

As I mentioned in my last post, I DO have that box checked, but the box just above that still says “unsubscribed,” and I can’t do anything to change that. And although I got the sell order for CAH, and ALL the posts to both forums, I still did not get the notification that your weekly video had been posted, and I found it was already in the members area. Yes, I checked my SPAM folder and it was not there either. As I said before, there’s obviously something not quite right there, but I’m not going to worry about it, because I can easily check for the video each Thursday till it comes in. It must be one of those minor glitches that creep into any new site. (Nothing like the Iowa fiasco.) The new site is so good overall that it’s not worth a worry. Thanks for all you do.

Sean Hyman

Just to confirm, you’re clicking on this drop-down menu and choosing Subscribe and then clicking Save.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kenatech
    Participant

Yes, I’ve done it at least a dozen or more times. I changed the box from “Unsubscribed” to “Subscribed” and then I clicked on “Save” and in a few seconds that screen closes. (The box below that is also checked.) But when I go back to My Account / Notifications, the box was ALWAYS back to “Unsubscribed!” So I just cry “uncle” and give up! End of discussion!

Sean Hyman

I’m not sure what the deal may be. I’m reaching out to the creator of the site to see if they can figure it out because others have done it and it took. So I’m not sure why it’s not working right on you. I’m sure it’s not something you’re doing wrong on your part, but by the same token, I can’t figure out why it’s doing that way with only you and not others. So I’m seeing if the creators of the site has any ideas.

Leslie Harvath
    Participant

Hi Kenatech, I’m sorry you’re having difficulties. Have you tried doing this on a different browser? I didn’t have to do that on LI, but I oftentimes have to do it on other sites (a lot!). It is crazy, but sometimes that’s all it has taken for me. I also double check that my password is correct and that I don’t have two accounts (in this case, one ‘unsubscribed’ under one password and another ‘subscribed’ under another password). Just a thought while you wait for help! Blessings on your day!

Sean Hyman

OH, that’s a great point. Switching browsers or even devices can sometimes be the deciding factor. I’ve run into that before too. Great point, Leslie. That could be the hang-up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.