Home Forums Members Forum BTG

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Good morning Sean,
    I was looking at BTG as a possible opportunity. Fundamentals look good, dividend is decent, and technicals look good. Your thoughts? Does this fit under the GDX umbrella?

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Its cash is too low. And yes, since its in the same category as GDX, it would add no real diversification from our basket of companies in GDX. Correct. So, I don’t know if its “in” GDX but it certainly wouldn’t add any more stability/advantage to your portfolio by adding it.

Chris Oliver
    Participant

Sean, opinion on AUY? I only ask because I already own some. Thanks for all you do!

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Using the search field on the forum I pulled up my last answer. Nothing has changed since then. I still see it the same way. https://logicalinvestor.net/forums/search/AUY/ Hope that helps.

Chris Oliver
    Participant

Absolutely. Thanks! (Should’ve searched first, still getting in the habit of that). Sometimes it seems the fundamentals can change enough to make a significant difference in a fairly short time frame though.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Fundamentals normally change slowly, but prices change quickly.

While AUY doesn’t have as strong of fundamentals as some, the rising trend of gold/metals prices saves it, much like a person that’s in debt in a good economy vs a person that’s in debt in a bad economy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.