Home Forums Members Forum Ban on Investing in Chinese Firms

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Any concerns about the Presidents executive order on Chinese companies linked to their military?

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

No, Trump will probably have to have his focus elsewhere and Biden is owned by the Chinese.

CHL has as many cell phone customers in China/HongKong as we have peopl here in the US. And they’re not switching those phones off, no matter who the US president is. In fact, they have so many customers, it’s really like 2-3 America’s worth of customers.

The company serves 950 million mobile customers and 187 million wireline broadband customers.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Also, today’s weekly video is out. You can see in it where I expect CHL to go from here and why.

Participant

Can the exchange block CHL trading due to the executive order?

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

I don’t think CHL has any Chinese military ties. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. I just think CHL was an easily shortable stock based upon the recent news.

Additionally, we don’t know yet if Trump stays in or not. If Biden gets in office, he’ll likely overturn all of that, since Biden and his family is pretty much owned by the Chinese government.

Participant

Sounds like China Mobile may be targeted for no longer being able to trade in USA due to military ties.

Video connects dots on Dominion Voting Systems and it’s radical left political connections.

This was posted on Parler by account allegedly for LTG Flynn.

PYLE EDPYLE ED
    Participant

Well, I had just bought some more CHL last week, so, to hear that an Executive Order has been signed and becomes effective 1/11/21 that lists CHL as one of 31 Chinese companies that will need to be divested by November, 2021, was somewhat concerning to me. However, I’d rather take a hit on CHL, than have Biden as the next President, so any concern about CHL will have to sit on the back burner until sometime after 12/14/2020 when the Electoral votes are counted and certified by Congress and we actually know who the next President will be.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Lots of speculations among investors though. 1) Does Trump retain the presidency? Or does Biden get in? If Biden is in, any Chinese stock is likely fine since China practically owns Biden. 2) There are some things Trump has tried to enforce that he’s not been allowed to go through with. So far, Tik Tok hasn’t been sold. And if you remember, Trump made a threat on Chinese stocks a year or two ago that never came to fruition. 3) By the time another year rolls around, there’s a huge chance we’d be out of CHL anyway (if I’m right about it being in the very early stages of wave.

So, I wouldn’t get worried. (Ed, I also hope Trump is able to stay in too, even if he’s making it a bit difficult for Chinese companies.)

Participant

Retire at 65: Great video, thanks for sharing.

Neon806Neon806
    Participant

With CHL at the last Tranche point, is it safe to go ahead and buy the final tranche. Or is it better to wait and see what happens?

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Safe would only be a term we could use if we knew the future and we don’t know that for all of the unknowns in my last post.

With that said, are you more apt to get out profitably with all tranches than just some? Yes, because it lowered the bar by bringing down the breakeven more to make it to where its easier to overcome. But are their risks to any tranches? Yes.

If you’ll recall, we made money on CHL last time when Trump had made threats. Doesn’t mean we will now but it means that just because someone said something or threatened something doesn’t mean it for sure comes to fruition. It may or may not and we’ll never know ahead of time. Its why any sort of news doesn’t factor into our system. Why? It’s fickle.

So, it’s up to you if you choose to put in your final tranche or not.

Neon806Neon806
    Participant

I thought that was what you were going to say so I went ahead and bought the final Tranche a few minutes after my previous post. Glad to know I am learning and gaining confidence in your system.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Ha-ha. Yep, you’re learning.

Yes, we just work the system, knowing that over time, most positions will work out and knowing that a small percentage certainly will not (because that’s real-world investing). And we’ll never know ahead of time which ones won’t make it and which ones will flourish. And news won’t tell us which ones will or won’t either. Nothing will. Only in hindsight will we see all of that.

But through our system and proper diversification and money allocation, we do well over time. That’s what we do know.

For anyone that’s new seeing this, here’s exactly what I mean by that last statement: https://logicalinvestor.net/members-only/my-complete-investing-system-how-to-allocate-your-money/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.