Home Forums Members Forum Amazon/Charities

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Amazon.com, through their Smile program at smile.amazon.com gives a small donation (percentage) of your purchases to a charity of your choice as long as they’re enrolled in the Smile charity program.

So, since this costs us nothing, yet allows a portion of our spending to go to the kingdom of God, I’d encourage you to have your pastor sign your church up to it so that any of the congregation that orders through Amazon can have donations go to your local church.

If your local church doesn’t have this or decides they’re not going to do this, I’d encourage you to give to Operation Elevation which is through our church. It’s how we feed people and help those in need. But if your church does it or is willing to do it, give there. Only these aren’t the cases, consider giving to Operation Elevation, in Frisco, Texas.

Full disclosure: I don’t pastor that church. I’m not paid by them. I only serve, attend and tithe there. I’ve been there for the last 12 years.

Here’s more about Amazon’s Smile program: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-does-amazon-smile-charity-donation-work-2018-5

Participant

I read from News there was a long line up of people at food bank in Texas. Is the situation bad there?

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yes. Our church personally feeds a ton of families every other week (in Frisco, TX). But in addition to that, there are other food banks around in Dallas doing the same.

Participant

I have been using the smile program for several years giving to our local Agape Mission in Bartlesville, OK. They feed the homeless and poor.

Perana73Perana73
    Participant

Thank you for the info! We (family, friends and business associates) have all decided that instead of spending any money on Christmas cards and gifts to donate to food banks instead.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Awesome, Daren.

Nice of you, Perana.

Perana73Perana73
    Participant

can’t take credit for it, a friend came up with the idea, which we all thought was awesome and I think it is reflecting the true spirit of Christmas. Also most of us are not waiting until Christmas, the need is now and will be ongoing for quite some time.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

Awesome!

Participant

Thanks for bringing that up, Sean. I’m the Stewardship Officer for the Durham Rescue Mission (NC), and I can attest that Amazon does send us a check regularly from the Smile program.

Sean HymanSean Hyman
    Keymaster

That’s awesome. Yep, if Amazon is going to make a ton of money anyway, you might as well direct a fraction of it to causes that mean something to you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.