Home Forums Ask Sean 401k Safe Harbors?

If you'd like advice from Sean or other seasoned investors, Just post your question here.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If we’re making back some of the losses to the 401k during the sell off, do you recommend moving those assets to safe harbors right now? It seems intuitive but I’ve learned it’s better to arm oneself with knowledge before making moves.

Sean Hyman
    Keymaster

Yes, we went from cash and went in with a third of our investable 401k money in around the 2200-2300 area on the S&P 500 and recently exited out around 2800. From here, it could turn down or it could run up to 3000-3100ish before turning back down. We’re fine with not squeezing everything out of it because when it turns back down, it will likely be swift/fast.

So, if you were already in a 401k fully invested, you might consider cashing out with us around this 2800ish area where we’re at now and use the guidelines in the latest weekly video and in the February monthly newsletter for your 3 re-entry tranches. Hope that helps. If that doesn’t fully answer it or spurs more questions, feel free to fire away. Glad to help out. And thanks for watching my TV interview.

Both of those that I referred to are in the Members Area. Here’s last Thursday’s video: https://logicalinvestor.net/members-only/the-logical-investor-weekly-video-04-9-20/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.