Home Forums Members Forum What are you silver gains sitting at? Reply To: What are you silver gains sitting at?

FusionDudeFusionDude
Participant

Bauka, how are you figuring your return? Are you believing what your broker says, or are you computing it yourself?

The reason I ask is, if your broker considers your shares as FIFO (first in, first out) then they will be computing a higher average share price after selling 1/2 than you might want to use. I also got in in 2017 when LI first started. I missed the dip for the second tranche, so I only have 1 in (actually, I have 2 x 1/2 tranches in, as I doubled my tranche size later on, but I didn’t materially lower my entry price). My break-even price is USD$14.55.

I sold 1/2 for a 48% return, but did not recalculate my average share price. I’m currently looking at 74% on the remaining shares. If you really have 39% and you got in at the beginning, something seems wrong.

Also, consider the time factor of our holdings. The first half was sold just over 2 years for an annualized return of 23%. My remaining shares are at an annualized return of 20%. So despite looking like a massive return on the remaining shares, it’s about the same year-over-year return as the 1/2 we sold.

Hope that helps.