Home Forums Members Forum Returning to the GOLD STANDARD Reply To: Returning to the GOLD STANDARD

Sean HymanSean Hyman
Keymaster

Yep, we’ve had many conversations about this on the forum. You can always search them out using the search field at the top of the forum. But, in short, I don’t believe we go back to a gold standard. Why? Central banks lose the control and ability to print money. I don’t ever seen them giving up what they’ce controlled for so long. So, while it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if we did return to a gold standard, for currency stability, purchasing power stability and for global confidence in our dollar to return…but I don’t see that day coming. The good news? We don’t have to figure that out though or be right on it to make money with our system. Values would be had/found under a gold standard and not under a gold standard.

Not sure why you liquidated your entire portfolio, especially before inquiring on the forum. Liquidating SLV, you’ll find likely cut you off from what could become our biggest % gain in our portfolio. I’d mentioned over and over again not to sell that one, even if up a lot.

Bitcoin and cryptos are crap. They were just invented a number of years ago. They’re just a unique string of numbers. They’re not “currencies” because no one’s really buying anything with them, materially and their price fluctuates too much to be taken seriously as a currency. For instance, if you’d used bitcoin as a currency yesterday, it would have cost you 20% more in your purchases of goods/services than it did the very day before. It’s in a bubble that will pop and unstable.