Home Forums Members Forum My Thoughts On The Market Reply To: My Thoughts On The Market

Sean HymanSean Hyman
Keymaster

Unfortunately, yes, you’re right. Most people are just followers (and this is not directed at Daniel because he’s doing something about it by learning) and just hear of other people in certain stocks and hear the news hype and don’t want to be left out. Their confident (for all of the wrong reasons) because of the sentiment on the news and the hype surrounding it and due to what it’s done in the past. So they think, “It can’t go down”. “It’s only going up from here”.

True investing is never that easy. If one could just listen to the news and follow the crowds and make money, then everyone would seemingly be rich. And not that there can’t be short periods of time in history where it seems to be that way. It’s always that way toward the end of market tops. There’s never been more people involved in the same “hot stocks” and they end up taking a bloodbath and they don’t ever see it coming. And when you say otherwise ahead of time, they think you’re the fool and “out of touch”…until they see it all unfold. Then it’s too late. It’s sad. And it’s one of the reasons why I do what I do.

I know I won’t be able to save everyone…but I will be able to save a remnant that will be wise enough just to listen and implement.

So, thank you!